Kadumanga/Tender Mangoes - 1/2 kg
Salt - 250gm
Mustard Seeds - 100gm
Chili Powder - 100gm
Asfoetida / Kayam Powder - 1 tbs
Sesame oil/Nallana - 50gms.
Making Tender Mango Pickle
- Wash the tender mangoes,dry ( no trace of water.) and keep it aside.
- Place the mangoes in a bharani and layer them with salt.Now close the lid and tie the mouth of bharani with a clean cloth.
- Keep this for 3 weeks, in that time mangoes will shrink and there will be salt brine.
- Separate the salt brine and mangoes in two dry vessels.Add slightly grinded mustard powder , chili powder and asafoetida powder to the salt brine and mix it well.
- Add the mangoes to this mixture and mix well.
- Heat the sesame oil and cool it.
- Add half of the cooled oil to the mango pickle and mix well. Put it to dry bharani and add the remaining oil on top of it.
- Close the lid and tie with the white cloth. Keep it for a month before using